Sunday, October 3, 2010

What Fun is Football Without Math?


How does math improve your life?
Maybe it doesn't, but as I sat and watched the lizards get pummeled by the Tide, I really enjoyed understanding all of the math involved in football. It must really stink not to understand things like, "11 carries for 42 yards" or "allowed two TDs in nine red-zone trips".
Today, as I watch the NASCAR race, thousandths of a second or thousandths of an inch could make all the difference in the world, or Jimmie Johnson could just win like always...
So, I challenge you to answer the question. How does math impact your life daily?

3 comments:

Janet White said...

Steve just this second asked Abi to figure out what the score would be if the Colts scored.

Dee Dee Tamburrino said...

Rives...
I couldn't cook anything on my posted "Menu for the Week" without it!! It really becomes fun when I have to cut a recipe in half. 3 1/4cups divided by 2 = _______?

The lizards made a pathetic showing on Saturday. I hope they play just like that when it's our turn. GO 'NOLES!!

Anonymous said...

i know that me and mother use measurements when we cook in EVERYTHING, unless is says "a pinch of cinnimon", or "a dash of salt"... you know what i mean!

sincerely, AJ :)