Thursday, August 14, 2008

1st Thought Was?


I am going to write out a math situation, and then I am going to ask you to do two things. First, I want you to tell me what words you think are the key(s) to solving the problem. Second, I want you to tell me what your first physical step (or first couple of steps) would be to solve the problem (grab a calculator, line up the digits...). ELA FOLKS, THERE IS NO WRONG ANSWER HERE!


Gidgi and Kay-T want to go to a concert with there best friend Roger. The tickets are $37.50 each. Together they have saved $92.75. Do they have enough money? Do they have too much money? Will they get change back? Will they need more money? Will Roger enjoy the show? Will this blog ever end?

2 comments:

Melanie Holtsman said...

OK, Tom...good, bad or ugly...here it is:
#1 together, change, enough
#2 For my first step I would multiply $37.50 by 3 to see the amount of three tickets.

T-Cubed said...

See Malanie, you have no problem finding a starting point. There are no wrong perceptions. However, there is great power in creating momentum. Your thoughts have done just that! Congrats!

T-Cubed