Sunday, September 28, 2008

Homework That ROCKS!




The homework shown above (you can click on each image and it will enlarge) really shows what we are looking for in terms of effort in and out of the classroom!
The first thing that I notice is that ALL of the work is completed on separate paper. Bigger space means more ability to think outside of the tiny "box" provided on the page itself, and this is not optional. All students should be completing work on separate paper.
The second thing that I look for is work that was revised, enhanced, or merely recorded during our class review sessions. These sessions take about 20 minutes, and they are only valuable if the strategies shown are recorded. Again, this is not an option. Even if you had the same answer, you can record alternative strategies.
The last thing that I noticed was the level of detail in the review work. This student was so focused on our discussion that she recorded her answer in the same "surfer voice" that I was using during our review ("The length of Mrs. Phillip's porch is totally like 16 feet!") .
This work is totally rad and awesome! WORD!
Mr. R.
AKA T-Cubed
I should have mentioned that leaving a reply is pretty easy. All you have to do is click on the "comments" tab, type your reply (please don't use your name if you are a student), and then click on "anonymous" before you hit "publish". The post will come to me, and if it is appropriate, I will post it to the page.


1 comment:

T-Cubed said...

Wow! Mr. Ruark this is really the coolest thing EVAHHHHHHH! Now, I really know how to do my homework. this will make my big peeps happy!

Your Favorite Student