Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Really Cool Fraction Model


Please click on this link and tell me what you think about this interactive fraction model. You will have to click on the right hand bottom "length" icon and choose "region" to see the circular model, and the circular model is the best. You also want to choose "Wide Range" on the top tabs to see smaller fractional pieces. Try it. It's cool, even if I am a math geek!
I love to see the regions change size as the denominator is changed. Can you imagine what it would look like if you could show millionths?
I really think that it takes models like these to really "get" fractions. I know that many students would agree that fractions can be frustrating. Perhaps, visual aids like this can help.


1 comment:

Dee Dee Tamburrino said...

That was very cool! Thanks for sharing.