Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Revisions: Another Great Example!


Please click on the thumbnail image to enlarge the photo.
If you wish to comment, please click on the word "Comments" at the bottom of this post.
Doing revisions correctly takes a bunch more work than just stating a new answer. Only by clearly stating why a prior answer was wrong and providing new evidence (NEW WORK), can an instructor be sure that the concept involved has really been mastered.
In this example, every distractor (answer choice) is examined. Clear reasons are stated as to why there is only one correct answer. This is enough to convince the person in charge (ME) that the concept of what a square number really is is now understood.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just trying to keep up in the math department, Mr. Ruark!!!
Great webpage and blog!
Susan Carter( Kaitlyn's mom)

T-Cubed said...

The teacher, appreciates the kind comment! I'll be sure your kiddo gets some smarties too!

Mr. Ruark

Anonymous said...

i bet this is one of the most fun things on edc



alec

Anonymous said...

I like the Another Great Example!!!









MiKeNzIe

Anonymous said...

I like the Another Great Example!!!









MiKeNzIe

Anonymous said...

Mr.Raurk I think we shoul have more challeging numbers on PTB


Consider it.PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!



LOVE FERNEY
PEACE,LOVE & HAPPINESS

Kajal said...

Hey,Mr.Ruark! It's me Kajal from last year! I remember the prime-time battles that we have. Congradulations on being the teacher of the year!I just wanted to say that I miss Chets Creek, and I'm doing o.k. in at Kernan Middle! Bye!!