Sunday, October 12, 2008

Multiplication and Division RELATED? :-}






The two scans above, starting with the top scan (uh, not the pug), represent some of the most efficient strategies around when it comes to multiplication and division. Perhaps, the best thing about these strategies is that most of the calculations can be carried out mentally and do not rely on the rote memorization of many math "facts". Truly, this is how most mathematicians think, smarter not harder!


Parents, students, fellow countrymen, and all other living beings, please challenge yourself to see if you can find the beauty in this kind of thinking. You may just find your inner math geek after all!



As a footnote, I wish that I could say that I "hired" a student to write this for me, but that would not be honest. I wrote this myself! Bad hand writers of the world unite! We shall rule.


PLEASE COMMENT!


T-Cubed
















3 comments:

Sherrie Rabe said...

Wow, Way to go!! I know OUR goal is to make math meaningful. I think teaching many different ways to look at and solve math siutations-- helps everyone become more efficient. I know I can learn from your students.

Can you make their papers bigger/easy to see/read??

S. Anderson

T-Cubed said...

To make the work bigger, just click on the piece of work, and it should go full screen. Please let me know if it does not work.

Thanks for the comments!

T-Cubed

Anonymous said...

i cliked the piece of work and they were AMAZING!!!


-nick brady